Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Aug. 27, 2015... A sweet text and a short message

(Note from Dawn... So, it seems that when I am missing our Charlie the most and my heart is hurting due to her being gone, I get these sweet reminders about the larger picture in this life.  I received this sweet text from a woman who Charlie has met in Idaho:)

"... My name is Tara Drummond. I live in Shelley Idaho. You're daughter Sister Cole has been my.missionary for months now. I wanted to call her Mom Dawn and tell her thank you for raising such a wonderful beautiful loving young woman. I love her with all of my heart. I grew up and was taught how to be hard. My heart has.been closed off for many years. Your daughter and her love is now a part of my heart forever. She is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I wanted to thank her Mom for allowing and supporting her daughter to come on her mission. She has forever changed my life. Thank you. I really love her so very much."

(So, I had asked Charlie about her and this is her response...I also looked back to some earlier posts and found that Charlie had mentioned her before!)


TARA!!!! I love her!!!!!!!!!! She is a less active coming back to church and she is a single mom. She is honestly the most spiritual and uplifting person I have ever met!!!! She is AMAZING!!! And she teaches us something every time we go over there!! 

This week was good, a little slow again and we are still workin on our mains to try and help them progress. Not too much has changed.

But cool little thought!! In our gospel principles class this Sunday our teacher shared something really cool. The lesson was on responsibility and attitude . He was sharing something his wrestling coach had taught him about having the right attitude. He said there are 26 letters in the alphabet and each one is worth a point. (A=1, B=2... etc.). We added up the word attitude. A=1, T=20, T=20, I=9, T=20, U=21, D=4, E=5. Then you add it up and it totals to 100. He said that if you have the right attitude it means you are giving 100%. Without the right attitude you are only giving partial effort and you wont find the success or the happiness that you would from giving it your all..... I just hadnt heard that before and I thought it was super cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment