Monday, November 16, 2015

Nov. 9, 2015


November 9, 2015
Hellooo familia!!!!

Okay, so those pictures are making me miss Oregon so so muuch!!! It doesn't help either that we had three people come into the VC this week from Oregon!!! I miss the green and all the colors this time of year!!!

 I had a feeling I would be transferred, and I was. So, the actual transfer is this Wednesday (because when I came here to IF it was an Emergency Transfer). So Wednesdays are transfers and I will be going to Ammon to be with Sister Honeycutt (one of Sister Wilemons companions) as a STL there. I am super sad to leave Sister James and the VC,  but I cant complain too much because if I was going to be transferred this is exactly what I wanted to happen. Three other people that I know of went home last week.  It's crazy...that makes 10 people who went home early just this transfer. Crazy.. I don't know how many are actually going home this transfer (because its the end of their mission) but our numbers seriously took a dive!
Soooo one of the reasons I am crying on the inside (besides leaving one of my most favorite sisters) is because Jesus is getting Baptzied on the 21st!!!!!!! That will make it the 4th person who I taught who will be baptized right after I leave the area... -_- It has been the pattern. Every time someone gets close and has a date, they kick me out! The good thing is that I am so close that I will be able to go to it! (That is why Ammon was where I was hoping to go if I HAD to be transferred.) We had exchanges with other sisters this week and had the most amazing lesson with him. We reviewed the Restoration (for probably his 7th time hearing it) and I asked him if he has asked and prayed about know that the church is true. That opened up the flood gates and he opened up to us in a way he hadn't done before. He said, "You know what, I am not gonna lie. I have prayed, like really prayed, wanting to know and I haven't gotten no answer. Sometimes I pray even to say thank you for this day even if it was hard and ask that tomorrow will be better. At the least I just want to know that he cares for me even." He opened up a lot about his family and friend relationships and how he just really feels alone. We had one of the best conversations with him and the spirit was sooo strong and you could tell he was just taking all of it in. Sister Park made a comment about how we could be the missionaries that help him get to where he wants to be. The next morning Sister James and I got a text from him at 6:15 as we were heading out to run, asking if we could meet with him that day. I was so nervous the whoooooole time because that's what he said when he dropped us when I was first here. We went with sister McLaughlin and he had lunch for us and everything (he seriously one of the most considerate people ever) and then he told us about how he had an experience the night before. How he was thinking about what Sister Park and I had been saying and that all of the sudden he just got so excited and so happy. He said it clicked that maybe we really are the missionaries who will help him and that this is his time! He couldn't stop smiling and he just looked genuinely HAPPY!!..... So I was trying to hold in my excitement, and  I knew  that we couldn't be the ones to bring up baptism soo I was trying to figure out what the heck to do and since Heavenly Father knew I was strugglin he popped an inspired question into my head, "Well Jesus, what do you feel is the next step for you then?"..... Jesus: "Well,  like... I mean.. when could I be baptized?"...... OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOOOOOOSH!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!.... It was amaaazing!!! Then he set a date for himself for the 21st!!!!!!!!!!! I am so so so so soooooo happy for him!!!! Mostly just because you can see how truly happy he is!! He is completely different from when we were teaching him in January. Ah!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
That really was the highlight of the week though hahahhah not too much else happened that was big! Keep him in your prayers though cuz Satan is going to work hard on him!

Ponderize scripture for this week (I am slackingggg!!!!) 1 Cor. 2:3-5

Anyways!! I love you mom!!! And I love and miss the family too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment