Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Apr. 15, 2015...Idaho Falls

Okay, the week has been crazy!!! Okay so transfers happened and guess who I got to see at transfer site!!! HERMANA VARGAS!!!! MY TEXAN TWIN!!!! Oh my gosh I have missed her soooo much!!! :) Okay so inside scoop on some of the mish stuff...being honest, the first two days were pretty hard. Just because everything was so new and Hermana Pulido and I didn't know each other well,  but Heavenly Father loves me!!! Because she is probably one of the funniest and most sweet people I have ever met. (and I have said that for Vargas and Wilemon I know..) But she is amazing!! She is teaching me soo much AND THE VC IS AWESOME!!!!! I love it and it is helping me grow so much!! Our time is cut in half now though because every-other day we are either in the VC from 9am-3pm or 3pm-9pm. But we are already seeing success and we had 3 investigators come to church today out of nowhere!! It was a miracle!!


Oh!! Also for the month of May, as a whole mission, we are striving for each companionship to achieve the Standard of Excellence. (which is that every companionship baptizes  2 people each month). So, on the 15th we are having a mission wide fast towards accomplishing that goal. If you and the fam want to participate that would be awesome!! 

Okay, so I have my random "spiritual" thought that I have been thinking about for the past couple of weeks! I was reading in Ether 2 and 3 ( see below for your reading enjoyment ) about when the brother of Jared needed light for their journey and how he asked the Lord what he should do and the Lord came back with a question of pretty much, "Well, what do you want me to do?"  At first I was focusing on how we may receive answers to some of our prayers in a more difficult way than others: That we are going to have to put in the work towards something and then bring it back to the Lord. 

But then I realized that, that was the point. We need to be putting in the work all the time. The thought that has been stuck in my head is, "What stones are you preparing in your life, for the Lord to touch?" Its been hitting me hard and of course I am applying that to Missionary work.
Preparing my goals, my plans, my investigators... but it also applies to daily life. What are the stones in our life that we are preparing for the Lord, so that ultimately He can give us guidance and bless us?

Further, I was realizing the importance of the faith that the brother of Jared had and how much faith he had to have to be able to see the Lords finger. Then another thought struck me, "Do you have the faith to see the Lords hand in your daily life?" We have to first put preparation in, but then we have to have the faith that the Lord will touch those stones. If not, whether or not He does touch the "stones" we won't  be able to recognize it. 

I don't know, just my thoughts... sometimes our thoughts only make sense to us so sorry if it s just rambling to you!! Love you all!!!!
Brazos!!!
Charlie


Ether Chapter 2...

21 And it came to pass that the brother of Jared did so, according as the Lord had commanded.
22 And he cried again unto the Lord saying: O Lord, behold I have done even as thou hast commanded me; and I have prepared the vessels for my people, and behold there is no light in them. Behold, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness?
23 And the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels? For behold, ye cannot have windows, for they will be dashed in pieces; neither shall ye take fire with you, for ye shall not go by the light of fire.
24 For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.
25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?
Ether Chapter 3
1 And it came to pass that the brother of Jared, (now the number of the vessels which had been prepared was eight) went forth unto the mount, which they called the mount Shelem, because of its exceeding height, and did molten out of a rock sixteen small stones; and they were white and clear, even as transparent glass; and he did carry them in his hands upon the top of the mount, and cried again unto the Lord, saying:
2 O Lord, thou hast said that we must be encompassed about by the floods. Now behold, O Lord, and do not be angry with thy servant because of his weakness before thee; for we know that thou art holy and dwellest in the heavens, and that we are unworthy before thee; because of the fall our natures have become evil continually; nevertheless, O Lord, thou hast given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires.
3 Behold, O Lord, thou hast smitten us because of our iniquity, and hast driven us forth, and for these many years we have been in the wilderness; nevertheless, thou hast been merciful unto us. O Lord, look upon me in pity, and turn away thine anger from this thy people, and suffer not that they shall go forth across this raging deep in darkness; but behold these things which I have molten out of the rock.
4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have light while we shall cross the sea.
5 Behold, O Lord, thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which looks small unto the understanding of men.
6 And it came to pass that when the brother of Jared had said these words, behold, the Lord stretched forth his hand and touched the stones one by one with his finger. And the veil was taken from off the eyes of the brother of Jared, and he saw the finger of the Lord; and it was as the finger of a man, like unto flesh and blood; and the brother of Jared fell down before the Lord, for he was struck with fear.
7 And the Lord saw that the brother of Jared had fallen to the earth; and the Lord said unto him: Arise, why hast thou fallen?
8 And he saith unto the Lord: I saw the finger of the Lord, and I feared lest he should smite me; for I knew not that the Lord had flesh and blood.
9 And the Lord said unto him: Because of thy faith thou hast seen that I shall take upon me flesh and blood; and never has man come before me with such exceeding faith as thou hast; for were it not so ye could not have seen my finger. Sawest thou more than this?
10 And he answered: Nay; Lord, show thyself unto me.
11 And the Lord said unto him: Believest thou the words which I shall speak?
12 And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and canst not lie.
13 And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you.
14 Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.
15 And never have I showed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man believed in me as thou hast. Seest thou that ye are created after mine own image? Yea, even all men were created in the beginning after mine own image.
16 Behold, this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment